SP2D, or SinglePlayer in 2D, is a modification for Unreal Tournament based on classical sidescrolling platform shooters.
You play as Andrew Collins, member of the human military expeditionary forces now exploring Na Pali long after Vortex Rikers incidence. Keeping the peace in a planet still occupied by a fierce Skaarj resistance turns out to be tougher than first thought. After a hectic patrol in the polar regions goes to hell, it's your job to keep yourself alive in the cold - outgunned, outmatched, and without means to communicate with home base. For now, you re-assess yourself while hiding within the confines of a cave while a Nali Priest appearing from its depths silently motions you forward...
- See and play the game world from a platformer perspective - from the side and circumnavigate tricky sidescroller challenges!
- 10 fully playable sidescrolling maps, 2 intermission maps, and a flyby!
- Use standard Unreal Tournament weapons but aim them with your mouse crosshair while moving side-to-side. Most non-SP2D weapons are also compatible for modders!
- Kill enemies by jumping onto their heads - Mario-style - if you dare!
- And if you're into that sort of thing, all SP2D classes can be used to create your own SP2D map. A guide for willing world builders is available here: http://www.unreal.lone-wolfs-den.com/SP2D/mapping.html
Included Maps (14)
- Project Leader
- Level Design
- The Pine Tree Decorations
- Additional Webhosting Support