UnWheel is a driving modification for Unreal Tournament 2004 with a focus on fun driving.
Rather than just racing, many different vehicle-based gametypes are on offer, giving the player an assortment of different styles of play and environments in which to drive.
Along with this wide range of modes of play, UnWheel features every type of four-wheeled vehicle you could think of, from sports and rally cars, to monster trucks, quad-bikes and massive mining trucks.
A wide range of gametypes:
- Race: Classic lap-based racing
- Rally: A long race over a single stretch of road
- Capture the Flag: Players compete to return the flag to a central location on the map
- Roamer: 'Open-ended' freestyle driving where players try to score by driving over random scoring points
- K-Ball: Get the giant beach-ball into the goal to score
- Rabbit: Players compete for possession of the flag in order to score
- King of the Hill: Dominate an area of the map for as long as possible to gain points
- Wrecker: Smash other vehicles to cause damage and eventually wreck them
- Team variants: Capture the Flag and K-Ball are available in team variants, with their own set of team-specific maps
Multitude of vehicles:
- Sports/Racing cars: Sleek and fast, well suited to road driving
- Monster Trucks: Giant trucks with giant wheels for giant off-road action
- Rally cars: The ideal mix of speed and great on- and off-road handling
- Weird and wonderful: A few little (and some rather large) extras to add spice to any round
- Freedom to choose any vehicle: At the start of each map, you are given the option to choose any of the vehicles without restriction
- Control options: You can play with your regular Onslaught controls, use mouse steering, or set up a gamepad or even steering wheel
- Multiple skins per vehicle: Most vehicles have at least three or four skin variations available, so even when many people choose the same vehicle, you can still look unique.
- New HUD: The HUD has been replaced with something a little more relavent, and shows gametype-specific information.
- L33t effects: All kinds of effects, including headlight volumes, real-time reflective vehicle bodies, surface-specific effects for grass, mud, sand, ice, water, etc.
- Customisable: UnWheel is completely customisable and flexible, meaning it's easy to create your own gametypes, cars, etc.
Game Types (11)
- UnWheel Big Air
- UnWheel CTF
- UnWheel K-Ball
- UnWheel KOTH
- UnWheel Rabbit
- UnWheel Race
- UnWheel Rally
- UnWheel Roamer
- UnWheel Team CTF
- UnWheel Team KBall
- UnWheel Wrecker
- Code, design, team lead
- Kenneth 'Shrimp' Watson
- Steven Horton
- Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell
- Adam 'Diego1203' Hetrick
- Jonathan 'Jerdaygo' Huibregtse
- The Devil's Avarcardo
- Jonathan Smårs
- Steven Horton
- Vehicle Conversion and Enhancements
- Dave 'UltraNew-B' Mitchell
- Josh 'Strangelet' Grafton (White Noise Entertainment)
- Honorary mentions
- Andrew 'Rebel' Clarke - Additional Music
- Jonathan Curiel - Vehicle skin touch-ups
- Twofer - Map work and suggestions
- FuSiON - Vehicle model touch-ups
- Graf1k - Rowing boat mesh (seen in UWRC-LostGods)